Oil & Gas Accountant specializing in revenue accounting.
Responsibilities may include:
• Accruals – research outside operated sales on wells for a series of properties to provide an oil, gas, and NGL accrual on a monthly basis
• Oil and gas state royalties – prepare, file, and pay royalties as assigned; reconcile any differences
• Oil and gas severance tax – prepare, file, and pay production taxes as assigned; reconcile any differences
• Applies the principles, theories and concepts of accounting to assignments, such as preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, and analysis.
• Assist in developing and promoting sound recommendations that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
4-year undergraduate degree (Accounting/Finance) with 5-6 years of oil and gas revenue accounting or equivalent experience, or high school dploma or GED with 9-10 years of oil and gas revenue accounting or equivalent experience.
5+ years experience with, and strong working knowledge of, Excalibur or similar oil and gas accounting software preferred.
Strong Microsoft Excel, Word, and Office skills.
Accounting degree preferred.
Contact: Submit your resume for consideration by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: Flexible Hours Schedule
Job Code: 901.02
Date: December 21, 2022