The successful candidate will hold a key leadership role within Citation’s Operation’s Accounting Team and be responsible for leading the Revenue Accounting team, including providing oversight for the recording, tracking, and reporting of all oil & gas accruals and federal & state regulatory payments.
• Lead a team of 7 Revenue staff who are responsible for the revenue accruals of operated and non-operated properties. Also responsible for the state, federal and Indian royalty calculations, as well as state severance and gross products taxes and the associated filings.
• Lead the monthly analysis of revenue trends in pricing, volumes and values by coordinating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate revenue reporting and analysis.
• Coordinate data acquisition with other internal departments to ensure the accuracy of the data used for accruals.
• Provide an environment where the Revenue accounting staff members can grow and are comfortable challenging the status quo.
• Recommend and implement improvements to efficiently and effectively address changing business needs while maintaining or improving internal controls.
• Assist with processes and reporting needs between the Excalibur accounting system and other internal systems.
• Collaborate closely with other internal department leaders to improve on processes and streamline existing reporting, systems and dataflow.
• Maintain current documentation of policies, procedures and processes.
• Support corporate acquisition and divesture related activities.
• Manage and mentor the gas balancing process.
• 4-year undergraduate degree (Accounting/Finance), with 10+ years of oil and gas joint interest accounting experience, or high school diploma with +15 years of progressive oil and gas revenue accounting or equivalent experience.
• Strong knowledge of, and experience working with, revenue accruals and government (Federal, Indian and State) royalties and taxes is required.
• +4 years supervisory experience.
• +8 years’ experience with and strong working knowledge of Excalibur or similar oil and gas accounting software.
• Past success in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships, while fostering and encouraging teamwork with various internal departments and external third parties.
• Very strong interpersonal skills regarding mentoring, training, professional development and motivation of staff.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and delegate, while providing advanced technical knowledge of oil and gas Revenue accounting practices for a variety of highly complex assignments, while successfully collaborating with various company departments (e.g., Production, Marketing, Land, Legal, and Corporate Accounting), as well as third parties
Contact: Submit your resume for consideration by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: Flexible Hours Schedule
Job Code: 901.01
Date: July 27, 2023