The successful candidate will hold a key leadership role within Citation’s Operation’s Accounting Team and be responsible for leading the Joint Interest Accounting team, including providing oversight for the recording, tracking, joint billing and reporting of all oil and gas expenditures and material transfers. As the subject matter expert, they will provide guidance on all COPAS and joint interest accounting related matters within the Company.
• Lead a team of 6 joint interest and AR staff who are responsible for the cost allocations, bill decks, AFE review, inventory reconciliations, material transfers, AR, adherence to corporate guidelines with respect to capital and LOE, and Joint Interest Billings (JIB’s)
• Ensure compliance with Joint Operating Agreements (JOAs) and accounting standards
• Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate cost reporting
• Responsible for the oversight, troubleshooting, and validation of ongoing activities concerning cost allocations and related data
• In collaboration with the Land department, ensure the accurate setup and maintenance of the billing decks into the Accounting system
• Reviews accounts receivable balances for Joint Interest Billings
• Provide leadership and support for the AFE workflow, including creating and updating AFE’s
• Supervises the month-end close process, including cut-back, and creation of JIB’s
• Manage the tracking of oil and gas inventory (casing, wellhead equipment, etc.)
• Mentor, professionally develop and motivate the joint interest accounting staff members
• Provide an environment where the joint interest accounting staff members can grow and are comfortable challenging the status quo
• Utilizing JV audit consultants, initiate and drive to completion joint interest audits when warranted, as well as respond to audit inquiries related to JIB accounting
• Collaborate closely with other internal department leaders to recommend and implement improvements to efficiently and effectively address evolving business needs, while maintaining or improving internal controls.
• Assist with processes and reporting needs between the Excalibur accounting system and other internal systems (e.g. LandVantage)
• Maintain current documentation of policies, procedures and processes
• Support corporate acquisition and divesture related activities
• Strong knowledge of, and experience working with, Joint Operating Agreements and the COPAS accounting procedures, guidelines and interpretations is required. (Note: Accredited Petroleum Accountant (APA) accreditation is a plus)
• Past success in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships, while fostering and encouraging teamwork with various internal departments and external third parties.
• Very strong interpersonal skills regarding mentoring, training, professionally developing and motivating of the joint interest accounting staff members.
• Demonstrate ability to lead and delegate, while providing advanced technical knowledge of oil and gas joint interest accounting practices for a variety of highly complex assignments while successfully working with various company departments (e.g., Production, Marketing, Land, Legal, AP, Revenue Accounting and Corporate Accounting) as well as third parties.
Contact: Submit your resume for consideration by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: Flexible Hours Schedule
Job Code: 901.02
Date: June 21, 2023