The employee in this position researches land requests, sets up leases, contracts and division of interest orders for assigned areas. The employee briefs and enters contract data into Land Data Management System (“LDMS”). Employee reviews obligation and rental calendars for assigned area and coordinates approval with area Landmen.
- Responsible for keeping abreast of Company leasing and drilling activities in assigned geographical area.
- Research Internal Land Requests – i.e., leasehold position, depth limitations, affecting instruments.
- Review Obligation and Rental Calendars for assigned area and coordinate approval with area Landman.
- Retrieve data from LDMS for research purposes as requested by others. Brief and enter Contract data into LDMS.
- Set Up Leases, Contracts and Division of Interest Schedules for area in a timely and accurate manner.
- Keep abreast of Company leasing and drilling activities in assigned geographical area.
- Perform Maintenance due to Operations to both the LDMS and Revenue systems.
- Reconcile DOI discrepancies with Accounting. Examine Suspense sub ledger and take requisite steps to minimize funds and identify escheatable owners.
- Investigate Demands for Releases and Additional Development.
- Conduct “Closeologies” for lease sales, etc.
- Provide complete sets of all related data when researching or retrieving data from Land files, LDMS and other available sources of Land data for a particular issue.
- Performs Land Assistant or Land Administration Clerk duties when requested or necessary.
- Participates on Special Projects teams.
- Understanding of lease clauses and affects on acreage holdings.
- Familiar with Revenue, LDMS and PC Applications.
- Capacity to calculate working and net revenue interests.
- Ability to analyze land contracts and capture data in LDMS.
- Ability to perform most duties with little supervision.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to complete assignments in an accurate and timely manner.
3+ years of land administration experience
Bachelor’s degree is preferred, high school diploma is required.
Contact: Submit your resume for consideration by emailing it to email@example.com
Hours: Flexible Hours Schedule
Job Code: 904.02
Date: November 10, 2023