Provide support to user community. Proficiency of technical knowledge necessary to support/develop applications. Integrally involved in the execution and support of projects with guidance and assistance from Sr. staff members.
Essential job functions:
Independently work with user department personnel to identify and resolve problems
Coordinate problem resolution with application software vendor
Basic knowledge of upstream Oil & Gas applications.
Analysis and Development
Develop custom solutions following SDLC/PM methodologies to develop, test and deploy solutions
Work with Manager, Applications to prepare project charters and plans including cost and time estimates necessary to obtain approval for projects
Analyze existing applications to propose enhancements to application software vendors
Prepare and assist user personnel to execute test plans
Utilize a service desk management system to track support incidents accurately documenting troubleshooting steps and resolutions
Prepare and deliver concise, accurate Project Status Reports
Prepare and deliver thorough Staff Meeting reports depicting summary of overall activities and highlights of assigned projects
Solid knowledge of MS SQL
Microsoft Access development techniques including the use of VBA (Visual Basic For Applications) coding techniques.
Exhibit in depth knowledge of best practices for creating and developing MS SQL database objects with guidance from DBA
Stay abreast of application offerings impacting the software/department that the incumbent supports (Strategic Planning, Tableau and Other Home Grown Applications)
Attend vendor presentations and user conferences to identify items of benefit to COGC
Assist in preparing and executing project plans for assigned projects
• 2 – 4 years professional experience required.
• 2+ years of Upstream Oil & Gas application knowledge.
• Analytic thinking that can quickly grasp complex data and process relationships
• Strong desire for teamwork and learning
• Strong knowledge of coding methods for Access Databases and Excel Macros
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft SQL concepts such as views, stored procedures, SSIS packages and SSRS
• Ability to independently prioritize and handle multiple job assignments of medium scope
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills to interface effectively with managers and corporate and region personnel
• Basic understanding and ability to execute project management concepts
Four-year degree in Information Systems or Computer Science preferred.
Contact: Submit your resume for consideration by emailing it to email@example.com
Hours: Flexible Hours Schedule
Job Code: 909.01
Date: December 28, 2022