The successful candidate will be joining one of the largest privately-held independent oil & gas acquisition, development and production companies in the U.S. Citation’s assets consist of more than 15,000 wells located in 13 states that have more than 216 million net equivalent barrels of remaining proved reserves (approximately 90% oil and 91% operated). Citation currently employs approximately 500 people and is headquartered in northwest Houston, Texas.
The Staff Accountant II-Revenue Accounting position is an important part of Citation’s Accounting Department, currently consisting of 42 accounting and treasury professionals and support staff.
Voted as one of the premier oil and gas producing companies in the U.S., Citation’s employees are committed to operational excellence and integrity, and experience the uniqueness of a close knit organization with a high regard for teamwork, work-life balance and a sense of belonging. The Staff Accountant II-Revenue Accounting position is ideally suited for the upstream E&P operations accounting professional that shares these values.
- Oil and gas severance tax – prepare, file, and pay production taxes as assigned; reconcile any differences
- Oil and gas state royalties – prepare, file, and pay state royalties as assigned; reconcile any differences
- Upload all royalty and severance tax payments into Excalibur
- Monitor regulation changes with State reporting of royalties
- Monitor regulation changes with severance tax reporting
- Work with Land Department on issues concerning State royalty percentages
- Upload all applicable journal vouchers into Excalibur
- Work with Production Department to resolve applicable volume discrepancies
- Accruals – research outside operated sales on wells for a series of properties to provide an oil, gas, and NGL accrual on a monthly basis
- Gas Balancing revenue and statement preparation
- Work with the Manager – Revenue Accounting and the Director of Operations Accounting on audits
- Support other accountants with job duties as needed
- Enhance processes to ensure functions are performed in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Other duties as assigned
- 4-year undergraduate degree (Accounting/Finance) with 5-6 years of oil and gas revenue accounting or equivalent experience, or high school diploma or GED with 9-10 years of oil and gas revenue accounting or equivalent experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Excalibur or similar oil and gas accounting software, preferably 5+ years of hands-on use.
- Demonstrated hands-on knowledge of production severance tax reporting required
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with State royalty reporting
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities simultaneously.
- Experience in oil and gas revenue accounting practices with attention towards detail and accounting analysis.
- Working knowledge of the various departmental activities in an upstream E&P company and their interface/integration with the Accounting department
- Excellent working skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook skills, with PowerPoint skills being a plus.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Timely and accurate filing and payment of all taxes and royalty as discussed above and in accordance with all State and Federal regulations
- Efficient and effective reconciliation of all tax and royalty discrepancies as discussed above
- Build upon and/or create positive business relationships with State agencies and State tax personnel to have open communication for any assistance needed
- Timely reporting of prior period adjustments to volume and prices
- Good coordination and effective working relations with other departments, in particular with the Land Department and Production Department, with effective support and assistance for volume and DOI changes
- Timely uploads of journal vouchers
- Cooperate timely with the Manager and Director on all audit related needs
- Functions are conducted in accordance with Company policy, established principles, standards, and legal requirements
- Works collaboratively as a team member and seeks ways to continue developing their own capabilities
Contact: Submit your resume for consideration by emailing it to email@example.com
Hours: Flexible Hours Schedule
Job Code: 901.02
Date: March 18, 2021